WBUUC recognizes the generosity of the members of the Legacy Circle
- Is White Bear UU Church important in your life?
- Do you hope that it will continue to grow and thrive?
- Are you proud of WBUUC’s work for justice beyond its walls?
- Do you rejoice at how WBUUC gives you unparalleled opportunity for religious and spiritual growth?
- Do you love how the Religious Education is stimulating your child’s inquiring mind?
- Do you appreciate the warmth of the community at White Bear UU Church?
- Are you amazed at the quality of the sermons that our ministers give?
Our pledging supports the day-to-day and short-term goals and needs of the Church. But by making a bequest to WBUUC’s Endowment Fund we help guarantee the health of the Church in the long term.
Everybody should have a will, even those of us who don’t think of ourselves as wealthy in any way. By including the Endowment Fund of WBUUC in your will, your support can continue even after your death.
Legacy giving is an intentional act that leaves a lasting legacy in your name and sustains the powerful work of this church for generations to come. A legacy gift is a designation from your estate to a charitable organization. Your “estate” is the sum of your assets, including property you own, insurance policies, retirement accounts, cash on hand, etc. Wealthy people may have large estates, but even people who aren’t wealthy often have the resources to make a legacy gift.
There are many gift possibilities. Each of these gifts allows flexibility, though some requirements apply, and you always retain the right to amend your estate plans.
- A charitable bequest in your last will and testament can be a specific amount or a percentage of what remains after providing for your heirs.
- A life insurance designation names White Bear Unitarian Universalist Church Endowment Fund as owner or beneficiary of the policy.
- Retirement plan assets name the WBUUC Endowment Fund as a beneficiary of an IRA, 401(k), 403(b), profit sharing or other retirement plan.
- Other types of legacy gifts include gift annuities, life-estate agreements and charitable remainder trusts.
- And you may make a direct gift of cash, stock, or other assets to the WBUUC Endowment Fund.
- If you’d like to find out more, you may find a lot of useful information at the Unitarian Universalist Association’s web page on Planned Giving.
By making a legacy gift to our Endowment Fund, you would be joining many others who have committed to supporting our ministry and programs into the future. If you have already made a planned gift to WBUUC (but haven’t told us!), if you are in the process of making a planned gift, or if you would like more information about planned giving, contact Anna Gehres in the WBUUC Office, 651.426.2369 x107.
If you have decided to make a legacy gift to WBUUC, you may wish to let the church know on the Letter of Intent form: Download form here